Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Health Journey...

I received a couple of emails asking 'why the sudden interest in loosing weight'. As you probably know being overweight increases the risk of developing conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, breathing disorders, cancers, osteoarthritis, etc. I currently don't have any of the mentioned conditions and I want to keep it that way!

As a result I've changed my eating habits by being aware of what and how much I'm eating. I'm consuming 5 small meals a day which includes fruits, vegetables, and fiber. Also, I'm drinking more water.

Lastly, I'm exercising 5 times a week for 40 minutes: boxing, aerobics, brisk walking at an incline of 8 on the treadmill, and stretching.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jo, what are you eating?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you mean what types of food I'm eating I'm consuming green leafy vegetables like kale and all kinds of berries. Also, wild salmon and regular old H2O. You know, stuff like that nothing major. For me simple is the key.

    ReplyDelete